| It's the content that matters...inside out
DisasterPrepared Privacy/Security Policy
Your privacy and security are very important to DisasterPrepared.net (DisasterPrepared). We want to make your experience visiting our Website as enjoyable and rewarding as possible, and with your complete confidence. We take pride in our Website and do not employ malware, shareware or any intrusive device to harm our Customers or Visitors (People).
- Introduction. DisasterPrepared collects information from People who access the various parts of our Website. We do not share this information with third parties. However, we may disclose personal information collected if we have received your permission beforehand or in very special circumstances, such as when we believe that such disclosure is required by law or other special cases described below.
- Registration and Account Information. Customers are asked to provide certain personal information when they make a purchase on our Website, including name, address, billing information (such as a credit card number). In addition, People are asked to complete an online form that collects information in order to answer claims rights questions or other questions that People may have. The personal information collected through these forms is not shared with third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise or in special circumstances.
- Online Shopping. At some Websites that you access on DisasterPrepared, you can purchase a product or download, the book "Policy Ensurance." You may be asked to provide contact information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and credit/debit card information. We will use the personal information you provide only to process that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- Online Advertisements. DisasterPrepared does not share personal information about its Visitors or Customers with advertisers.
- Responses to E-mail Inquiries. When People send e-mail inquiries to DisasterPrepared, the return e-mail address is used to answer the e-mail inquiry we receive. DisasterPrepared does not use the return e-mail address for any other purpose and does not share the return e-mail address with any third party.
- Voluntary Customer Surveys. We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage People to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. We take the information we receive from individuals responding to our Customer Surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other People to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties. Unless otherwise noted in the survey invitation or the survey itself, People have the option of completing surveys anonymously or providing us with contact information. We may use the contact information to follow up with People based on the answers they provide. We may also contact you to highlight the changes we have made in response to feedback.
- DisasterPrepared Statistics. We use information gathered from our site statistics (for example, People IP addresses) to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our Web site. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our site and make your browsing and purchasing experience more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information, except as necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our system.
- DisasterPrepared's Commitment to Children's Privacy. Protecting children's privacy is especially important to us. It is our policy to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws. While we make every effort to ensure that our web sites are informative and age-appropriate for our younger audience, we believe that there is no substitute for proper parental supervision. DisasterPrepared recommends that children ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to DisasterPrepared, or to anyone online.
- Public Forums. Please remember that any information you may disclose in our Forums, or other public areas of our Websites or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
- DisasterPrepared's Commitment to Data Security. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite our best efforts.
- Exceptions. Except as stated in this policy, we will never give out your information without your permission. We reserve the right to give out such information without explicit permission in the following circumstances:
- 1. As and to the extent required by law, or where we believe in good-faith that it is reasonably necessary to comply with subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or requests of governmental authorities;
- 2. When intended to report, prevent or assist in the investigation of suspected fraud or other illegal activities, or otherwise to take actions in connection with such activities;
- 3. To establish or exercise our legal rights or defense against legal claims; or
- Security. All data collected at DisasterPrepared is done so with the use of secure servers. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all payment information you input before it is sent to us. In fact, for your further protection, we cannot view or access full, usable information about credit cards. Furthermore, we take all foreseeable measures to protect the data we collect against unauthorized access.
- Revisions to This Policy. DisasterPrepared reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted here and affecting only information submitted after such notice.
This file was last modified June 18, 2012.
© 2011-2012 APB