It's the content that matters...inside out
The Cat In Your Hat
holding your own
Those who hold high places left you holding a near-empty toolbox ...
or as luck would have it!
Policyholder Ready Toolbox
© 2013-2017 APB
- "Policy Ensurance" CONTENTS
- Preface, 3
- Introduction, 5
- How to get What You Deserve, 7
- Adjuster's Authority, 9
- Standard of Value, 11
- Actual Cash Value, 11
- Market Value, 12
- Depreciation, 12
- Rules on Personal Property, 13
- Provisions Limiting Insurance Company's Liability, 13
- Replacement Cost Policy, 14
- Coinsurance, 14
- Salvage Principles, 15
- Sample Personal Property Claim, 17
- Sample Affidavit, 18
- Sample Estimate Comparison, 19
- Sample Statement of Loss, 20
- Sample Building Claim Under Replacement Cost Coverage, 21
- Sample Statement as to Full Cost of Repair or Replacement, 22
- Statement as to Full Cost of Repair or Replacement, 23
- Policyholder Interest Graph, 24
- Sample Proof of Loss (form), 25
- Proof of Loss (form), 27
- Loss Worksheets, 29
- Constructive Total Losses, 33
- Examination of Policyholder Under Oath, 33
- The Meaning of Lines 1 through 165, 34
- Standard Policy Wording, 35
- Acts Which Void the Policy, 36
- Uninsurable and Excepted Property, 38
- Hazards Not Covered, 38
- Other Insurance, 39
- Conditions Suspending Coverage, 39
- Added Provisions, 41
- Waiver, 41
- Cancellation, 44
- Mortgage Interests, 46
- Pro Rata Liability, 48
- What the Policyholder Must Do In Case of Loss, 48
- Sample Appraisal Demand Letter, 51
- Appraisal, 52
- Insurance Company Options, 57
- Time Limit for Insurance Company, 58
- Subrogation, 60
- Assignment, 64
- Rights to Proceeds, 65
- Attorney Fees, Penalties & Interest, 67
- Insurance Company Tactics (quotes from adjusters' training), 71
- Miscellaneous Cases, 78
- Fiduciary Relationship, 86
- Investigators, Adjusters and Agents, 92
- Property Insurance History, 97
- Commissioner of Insurance, 100
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners, 100
- Property Insurance Data, 101
- Regulatory Authorities, 102
- Unfair Claims Settlement Provisions, 105
- N.A.I.C. Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Model Regulation, 106
- NAIC Unfair Property/Casualty Claims Settlement Practices Model
- Comparison of NAIC Model Regulations, 122
- California Insurance Code--Unfair Practices, 125
- Glossary, 126
- The Spiral of Fraud, 135
- Claim Adjusting, 137
- Index, 139
- A Post-mortem, 149
Just when you thought you'd seen it all...Voilą!
Trust in You
The Guide to Understanding
holding your own
What $ Insurance Owes
Love being set
Compiled By Antone P. Braga
- Property Claim Deconstruct—Calculation, adjustment: You see what to expect through to settlement.
- Glossary—Insurance jargon: You easily interpret adjuster parlance.
- Your Rights—Equity: You access disaster insurance rights and rules of recovery.
- Company Tactics—Quotes from adjusters' training: You form collaborative strategy.
- Court Results—Outcomes from policyholder claims: You gain valuable insight.
- Objective Preparedness—Informed, ready: You are set.
Topics covered include: Your Authority & Adjusters' Authority, The Standard of Value, Depreciation, The Rules on Personal Property, The Provisions Limiting Insurance Company's Liability, Coinsurance, Salvage Principles, Standard Policy Wording, The Acts Which Void the Policy, The Conditions Suspending Coverage, What You Must Do In Case of Loss, many Sample Forms and Letters, References to Cases and Regulations, and much, much more.
What is your philosophy: drive or be driven? I happen to think we are wise to keep our drive alive.
© 1991-2016 APB