It's the content that matters...inside out



You are more in friendly hands, Yours!
Put Policy Ensurance by your side.

Rainy Day Go Away
© 2013-2015 APB

The Cat In Your Hat

holding your own

Catch wind of it

Help me!


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Policyholder Awareness/Preparedness Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aggie on June 25, 2002 at 13:11:38:

I hope someone here can offer me some good advice. My husband works for the local school district, and we have our health insurance through him. It is awful insurance, with huge deductibles and high premiums, and we were just notified that the premiums will go up by 30% next year. There will be no significant change in coverage. My employer offers excellent health benefits, and we would love to be able to change over to their policy. Here is the problem. My employer's insurance has open enrollment in December only. My husband's employer's insurance must be renewed in September. We cannot enroll in his plan for only a couple of months, and we cannot enroll in my plan early. I have a pre-existing condition, and if we just take our chances and go without insurance from September to December, I will not be covered for that condition (because I would have been uninsured for more than 63 days). I have been told that we are not eligible for COBRA, and that if we purchase short term insurance to cover us in the interim, it will still not cover a pre-existing condition and I may still be uninsurable. Surely there is a solution to this! Can anyone offer any help? Thanks so much.


Follow Ups:



Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Policyholder Resources


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Policyholder Awareness/Preparedness Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind
About DisasterPrepared.net

© 1991-2011 Antone P. Braga