It's the content that matters...inside out

You are more in friendly hands, Yours!
Put Policy Ensurance by your side.

Rainy Day Go Away
© 2013-2015 APB

The Cat In Your Hat

holding your own

Catch wind of it

Re: Homeowners Association as "Additional Ins" or "Loss Payee"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Policyholder Awareness/Preparedness Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tonyb on October 15, 2001 at 10:23:01:

In Reply to: Homeowners Association as "Additional Ins" or "Loss Payee" posted by Phil Brougham on October 14, 2001 at 08:50:28:

: Our HOA Covenants require each owner to list the Association as "additional insured" on flood and hazard policies. One insurance agent has said that in doing so, the Association is only benefiting on the liability portion of the owner's policy and not the property damage portion. The agent also said to benefit on the property damage portion, the Assoc. would have to be named as "loss payee". The attorney for the Association has stated there is "no substantive difference between the two terms. What are the facts
There are considerable differences of responsibility and rights between those of an insured and those of a loss payee. You would do best to get a second legal opinion from an attorney schooled in insurance matters. Also, the term "propety damage" usually refers to damage to property of others, i.e., liability insurance, not the "insured property" section of the policy. Make sure there is no misunderstanding of terminology.

Policyholder Resources

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Policyholder Resources

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Policyholder Awareness/Preparedness Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind

© 1991-2011 Antone P. Braga